PLI Construction and Civil Works is committed to making positive steps towards sustainable development through our commitment and policies towards health, safety, the environment and quality (SHEQ), which is contained in our sustainability policy. The Safety and Environmental Strategies focus on hazard identifications; risk assessments; standard operating procedures and codes of practice, audits via the supervisory structure and corrective action.
This is achieved by:
- Implementing sound corporate governance practices.
- Caring for the well-being of employees by implementing Health and Safety management systems.
- Reducing negative impacts through community development and HIV/AIDS programmes.
- Upholding the Stop for Safety programme.
- Preventing and reducing health related impacts due to the company’s activities by managing risks at source.
- Implementing energy–saving and conversation programmes, and reducing and/or preventing pollution in support of the global climate change agenda.
- Adopting industry best practices to improve safety, health, environment and quality systems.
- Implementing transparent reporting on operations and activities.